Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tofu Stir Fry

My husband came up while I was making dinner and said...
"Is that what I think it is? "
"Uh, dinner...yes" I said.
"No, you know what I mean..is that tofu?"
"Yep" I smile (really wide).
"Have you lost your mind? That isn't going anywhere near my dinner right?"
"I know better. Even using a different spatula."
(He did come back a minute later to give me a kiss and say he was glad I was being so healthy. He hope I live well beond him!)

See what I am up against. This is the same man that had a tiny 5 minute hissy fit because I used pasta that was red, green and white pasta for dinner the other night. Right away he inspects..."why is it green? Tell me it is not Spinach!!!" Ok, it is not spinach...what did he really want the truth. Nope. Instead, he refused to eat and made little quips about how good it looked...it only I hadn't ruined it! Who knows what else I put in there... ARG!!! He got over it and picked out the green pasta. Stinker.

So, needless to say when he saw they tofu his radar went up. I was nice enough not to taint his dinner. Instead I separate pans and utensils. He had stir fry chicken with 3 colors of bell pepper and snow peas over Soba Noodles. Tonight was all about me....


Tofu Stir Fry

8 slices of firm Organic Tofu
1T EVOO
Stir Fry Veggies: I used Broccoli, Asparagus, Snow Peas, Red Pepper, Onion,

Sauce:
1/4 c Tamari (Gluten Free Soy Sauce...I love this bc it is GF and low in sodium).
2T brown sugar
2t Rice Vinegar
1t Sambal oelek (chili paste)
1-2 small cloves garlic, minced

Soba Noodles, cooked

1. Saute onions and peppers in less than a T of oil. In a separate pan, saute the slices of tofu 4 at a time for 4 minutes per side.
2. Once the onions have become translucent, then add the remaining veggies. Allow to cook down slowly while the tofu cooks. Then, add the sauce into the pan.
3. When the tofu is done, drain on a paper towel and cut into bite sized strips. Add to the veggies along with the soba noodles and mix. Saute for 2 minutes to allow the sauce to meld with the soba and tofu. Serve.

The sauce is awesome. I made extra...it is an awesome combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment