Thursday, March 15, 2012

Carry over meal from a night of grilling

It was warm out last night, so, we were able to get out for the first time in a long time to grill. I took the opportunity to grill ALL my veggies. My hubbie indulged in grilled pork chops, roasted red peppers and pasta salad. I skipped on the meat and indulged in a roasted veggie salad with homemade pesto. I LOVE grilling!!! Needless to say I got a little carried away with all the veggies I grilled, so, I needed a good recipe...hence (thank you Pinterest) a grilled veggie Lasagna. I have to say 2 things about this lasagna...1. I made it light in the cheese so it doesn't weight you down. I hate that overstuffed feeling after eating lasagna. 2. The leftovers the next night were AWESOME!!! So, here ya go... ENJOY!

Grilled Veggie Lasagna

Grilled Organic Veggies- I grilled 1 zucchini, 1 yellow squash, 1 med eggplant, 1/2 a package of Asparagus, 4 Kale leaves, 1 red pepper, 1/2 Vidalia Onion, chopped to bite sized pieces

1 package Organic Lasagna Noodles ( I used these made with Artichoke flour!)

1 c Shredded Mozzarella (I used part Mozz and part Parm)

1 small container of fat free Organic ricotta
1/3 c Pesto

Homemade Pasta Sauce: I used 1 can organic petite diced Tomato, 2T tomato puree, 3 cloves roasted Garlic, sauteed diced onion, fresh chopped basil and 1/2t red pepper flakes (adds an awesome kick)

1. Cook the Lasagna noodles to al dente according to package. While cooking, combine the ricotta and pesto. (I could make a meal of just this!!). Also, make sure you chop up all the veggies and toss. (The original recipe kept everything in long slices...not my style. I prefer the chopped version...to each their own)

2. Spray pan with olive oil. Then, layer starting with noodles, then ricotta, 1/2 your veggies, thin layer of cheese, and sauce...repeat. End with a Cheese on top!

3. Bake at 350 until golden brown, about 40-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment