Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chinese 5 Spice Chicken Thighs with Soba Noodles

I have really been enjoying my week off and have enjoyed spending time in my kitchen with the windows open...it has been in the 70s here all week! Sweet Winter!!

Chinese 5 Spice Chicken Thighs with Soba Noodles

6 Organic Chicken thighs
Chinese 5 Spice

Sauce:
6 cloves of garlic

1 T dry ginger
1 T agave (or  brown sugar)
1/4 c Tamari soy sauce
1/2 t Chinese five-spice powder

1 package Soba Noodles
(I also saute spinach, carrots for the noodles)

1. Trip all the thighs of excess fat and skin. Sprinkle with Chinese 5 Spice seasoning and a little salt. Then, bake in the oven on 400 for 20 minutes.
2. Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients.
3. Boil the noodles as directed. While boiling saute spinach and carrots (I did shoestring) in a little olive oil. Once carrots are soft, add the drained noodles and the sauce. Allow to cook on low, stirring constantly to avoid sticking. Serve Chicken over the noodles.
(Or, if you are me marinate tofu in your sauce and add to your noodles in place of chicken)

No comments:

Post a Comment