Thursday, February 25, 2010

Recipe update

I have been in a real funk with cooking lately and usual I am behind on my meal plan menu! So, I thought I would link you over to a few of the recipes I am going to be making the rest of this week and next week.

I am going to make a homemade bolgnese tonight. I saved this one because I am taping to cooking process to teach my students about the different methods of heat transfer.

On Saturday, I am making Jambalya (the non- Creole style). This is a really simple recipe I love. I make a bunch of rice and mix in a can (or two) of Petite Dices Tomoatoes. Then, I cook up some sliced Italian Sausage and chopped boneless chicken breast. Then, I throw in a can of green chilies (sometime some adobo sauce) and a few dashes of hot sauce. Warm it all up in a nice pan and serve with a beautiful salad and warm bread. There are always leftovers for lunch the next day! Simple and delish!

On Sunday, it will be my mom's last day in ton before flying home, so I have to make Beef Stew. (a true creature comfort) I found a new recipe I can't wait to try!

Tuesday is Frito Pie. I will post that simple recipe as soon as I get my computer back. It decided to crash!


Another outstanding recipe I found recently I had to squeeze in this week was this Lentils and Chicken recipe. I can't wait for Wednesday! It looks dashing, plus I still have some Amish Lentils leftovers. I am super excited!

Friday  we will finish out the week with a Pinto Bean soup...have I said we are big on beans? This is a simple recipe. Soak beans overnight (or just use the cans) and boil beans with some ham (I will use the ham bone I have been saving). Boil in 3 cups of water until beans are soft. Then, add 1 cup drained sauerkraut and 1/2 cup uncooked rice. Boil until rice is soft.  Now,make a roux from bacon fat and flour. Add to the soup slowly. Serve with cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment