Monday, February 8, 2010

In my search for Homemade...Cheese Itz!

 
I am really working on more homemade copycat type recipes. Things I feel good about feeding my toddler...I am also going to try to take more pictures of the steps to help with the cooking/baking process. I can't say I will do this for all postings because it is very time consuming. Between working, taking care of a 2 y.o. and managing our other photo heavy blog, this one doesn't get much attention in the photo department. Ironically though, I only like reading cooking blogs with photos...anywho! I had planned to always post pics, but I was not please with how the photos were turning out so I quit! I will try to post more pics, at least a finished product pic.  That being said...I confess now, I am not a professional photographer and although I have Photoshop I have not figured out how to use it...so here is my best attempt! Enjoy!  


My Homemade Cheese Itz!
1/4 c oats, ground or Oat Bran
1/4 c flour
2T butter, cut into pieces
1/3 bag cheese, any type your prefer
 pinch of salt
pinch of sugar
2T water

***Note: I had a ton of left over sliced Swiss cheese, so, I finely sliced it so it was similar to grated cheese.
 

I used oat bran, but you can use plain old fashion oats. Just put 1/4 whole oats in the food processor and process until ground. Then, add four, butter, cheese, salt and sugar to food processor.
  
Process until combined, then roll together in a ball on a piece of plastic wrap.
  
Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
  
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Then, roll out dough to 1/4" thickness and cut out any shape you would like. I made little stars, circles and rectangles. Then, place cutouts into a greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes (less if rolled thinner). 
  
Remove and allow to cool. Keep in a airtight container for a few days! Enjoy...Simple and Homemade! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment