Friday, February 17, 2012

Chiplote Beef Short Ribs

Whole foods had short ribs on sale last week and they just happen to be my hubbies favorite. Needless to say we stocked up! We bought approx. 2 lbs for just over $12.00! They are beautiful...big and meaty! They tasted spectaular in the slow cooker with a yummy chipolte marinade and homemade Quinoa!

Chipolte Lime Short Ribs

Marinade:
3 limes, juice and zest
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T chipotle chili pepper
1 T salt
2 cloves garlic

2lbs. Short Ribs

I put all the marinade ingredients in the food processor and chop, chop, chopped it! Then, I put the short ribs in the slowcooker, dumped in the yummy smelling marinade and cooked on high for 4 hours. (I normally would cook on low, but it was already 3pm and I forgot to start dinner...oops! Good thing we were going to take the kids out and play before dinner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment