Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Sweet Treat for my boys

My boys don't get sweets often, but my big boy has been REALLY super lately, so, I decided a baking day was in order. My big boys request was chocolate cookies...since he is a HUGE lover of graham crackers I decided on a chocolate graham cracker recipe....can I go out of a limb and call them Chocolate wafers???

Chocolate Wafers

2 sticks organic butter, softened
3/4 c powdered sugar
1 egg
2t vanilla
2 1/2c whole wheat flour
1/2c cocoa powder
dash salt

Cream the powdered sugar and butter. Then, slowly mix in the remaining ingredients.

(The big boy decided to sift the flour because what is more fun than a sifter in the kitchen...He also enjoy sifting flour on his little brother...what's a little mess in the kitchen right!)

Then, ball it up, cover in plastic wrap and chill (while I de-flour my boys & kitchen). Then, I rolled it out really thin, and the big boy used the biscuit cutter to make the cookies.

Bake for 7-8mins at 375 degrees.

**I put half the batch in freezer bags to save for another special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment