Sunday, October 3, 2010

Quick Man's Apple Crisp

Last night on a total whim my hubbie said he was craving apple pie...so I had to come up with something. I mean who doesn't like cooked apples. I had 3 apples waiting to be used so, I created the Quick Man's Crisp.

3 apples- peeled cored and chopped
1T butter
1T Brown sugar
1/4t salt
2t Corn starch

Put the first 4 ingredients in a small pot and cook on medium low until tender. Then, drain the juices into a small dish. Whisk in the corn starch until smooth. Then, return juices to the pot. Continue to cook on low until apples thicken, then remove from heat and spoon into a small baking dish.

Turn oven on to 375 degrees.

Topping:
2 spoonfuls oats
2 spoonfuls flour
2-3 spoonfuls brown sugar
1.5 T butter
**I used the larger spoons not the cereal size spoons.

Put all ingredients into the food processor. Process until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbles on top of apples and put in the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool a bit. Serve with vanilla icecream.

Super yummy and definitely super easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment