Saturday, June 26, 2010

A New Take on the Dinner Burrito

I love burritos because they hold so many possibilities. You can throw together whatever flavors you have on had to make new combinations every time. I don't think i ever make them the same way twice!
Tonight I had planned to make enchiladas, but was seemingly out of cheese. So, change of plans...

Chicken Corn Salsa Burritos

2-3 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
1/3-1/2 can cream of chicken soup
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup corn (I used leftover homemade creamed corn)
1/2 can black beans
1 T chopped cilantro (optional)
1 red pepper, chopped (or you can use green chilies)
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
1/2 c shredded cheese (I didn't have so I didn't use)
(I also sometime combine 3T sour cream to the chicken soup)

1 package flour tortillas

1. Boil the chicken for 10-12 minutes, then drain  and shred chicken. Combine shredded chicken and all remaining ingredients (except for the tortillas). Stuff into the tortillas and roll up. You can serve as is...or you can lightly fry...or you can grill using a grilling pan. I chose to grill this time! Then serve with a spot of sour cream or pepper jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment